Posts

Candidates who score 300 in UTME should be made to study education and become teachers, not medicine – NUT president

Image
Candidates who score 300 in UTME should be made to study education and become teachers, not medicine – NUT president The Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) President, Comrade Audu Mba, has said that the brightest candidates ought to study education and technology for Nigeria to get things right. He said the Federal Government should make those who score 300 in an exam like the UTME to become teachers instead of doctors. This is as he urged President Bola Tinubu to prioritise teacher’s values and welfare to make the profession more attractive for younger generation. In an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, he urged the government to make teacher a model and recognise the teaching profession as a pillar of societal advancement. lucrative, but even more challenging. “But today in Nigeria, parents don’t even encourage their children to go into teaching profession, even the students themselves. “Go to classrooms, just ask little children in primary school, who wants to be ...

jonathan Addresses Social Media Post Hinting At 2027 Presidential Bid

Image
Jonathan Addresses Social Media Post Hinting At 2027 Presidential Bid Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied any involvement with an Instagram post suggesting he plans to return to contest the 2027 presidential election. The viral post, which appeared on an Instagram account bearing Jonathan’s name, took a swipe at the country’s current leadership. The post stated, “Since our current leaders are pretending to sleep, we pray that we will get our good leadership back in 2027; your choice will determine the betterment of our future.” The message was accompanied by background music and an AI-generated image of Jonathan shaking hands with former U.S. President Donald Trump. The post has garnered over 16,000 views and more than 1,200 comments since it surfaced online. But Jonathan’s spokesperson, Ikechukwu Eze, has debunked the post, describing it as fake. “Former President Jonathan does not own an Instagram account,” Eze told TheCable on Friday, distancing his principal f...

Portable Alleges Conspiracy in Nollywood After Ibrahim Chatta’s AMVCA Loss

Image
Portable Alleges Conspiracy in Nollywood After Ibrahim Chatta’s AMVCA Loss Controversial Nigerian singer Habeeb Okikiola, widely known as Portable, has alleged that there is a coordinated bias within the Nigerian entertainment industry targeting certain individuals. Speaking out after the 11th Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA), Portable claimed that veteran actor Ibrahim Chatta was unfairly denied the Best Lead Actor award. Chatta, who had been nominated for his performance in House of GAA, lost to Femi Adebayo for his role in Seven Doors. Notably, Adebayo’s co-star Chioma Chukwuka also clinched the Best Lead Actress title for the same film. In a video shared on Instagram, Portable expressed his disappointment, arguing that Chatta’s acting prowess merited the win. “There’s a conspiracy in the entertainment industry, even in Nollywood,” he said. “Despite Ibrahim Chatta’s outstanding performance, he was denied the award at the AMVCA. That’s the same way I was sideli...

WAEC student allegedly passes away after police open fire while chasing yahoo boysGistreelMay

Image
WAEC student allegedly passes away after police open fire while chasing yahoo boys A tragic incident has been reported involving a student who was being escorted by his father to his WAEC exam center but sadly passed away after being hit by a stray bullet during a police chase. According to a post shared on X (formerly Twitter), an eyewitness claimed the police were pursuing suspected internet fraudsters (yahoo boys) along Old Ife Road when the stray bullet struck the student inside his father’s car. The witness initially expressed hope for the boy’s survival, writing: “Police just shot someone at Old Ife Road just now. They said they were chasing yahoo boys and a stray bullet hit a child in his dad’s car on the way to school to write WAEC. I hope the kid survives… Why would you shoot in the first place?” In a heartbreaking update, he later confirmed: “The boy died.” The post sparked widespread reactions, with many flooding the comment section to express anger, sorrow, and ...

Atiku camp offers Obi VP role in one-term deal

Image
Atiku camp offers Obi VP role in one-term deal. There are indications that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may have offered the 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi a vice president role in a joint single-term ticket. Reliable multiple sources involved in the coalition efforts, who requested anonymity due to a lack of authorisation to speak on the matter, told The PUNCH that the proposal was initially discussed during a meeting between Atiku and Obi early this year in the United Kingdom. The insiders disclosed that Atiku has committed to serving a single four-year term, and Obi has agreed to be the former VP’s running mate. However, the ex-Anambra state governor was said to be working to secure the backing of his core loyalists. In the 2019 presidential election, Obi served as Atiku’s running mate under the Peoples Democratic Party, where they lost to former President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress. On March 20, Atiku, Obi, former Kadun...

I hid my wife and children in wardrobe and stepped forward, they shot at me but missed – Atiku

Image
I hid my wife and children in wardrobe and stepped forward, they shot at me but missed – Atiku. According to Tifemax News, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has recounted a chilling assassination attempt while delivering a keynote address at the American University of Nigeria (AUN) convocation ceremony for the graduating class of 2025. The elder statesman, who is also the founder of AUN, shared the experience as a lesson in courage and resilience. According to him, the attack took place in Kaduna State, where gunmen opened fire on him but missed. In a tense moment, he said he ensured the safety of his family before confronting the assailants. “I hid my wife and children in a wardrobe and stepped forward to confront the attackers. They shot at me but missed. I stood up and demanded, ‘Why did you fire?’ That’s what courage looks like,” Atiku said, drawing applause from the audience. The statement, both bold and reflective, underscored the tone of his address, which emphasi...

Get rid of VAR, says Rooney after FA Cup final

Image
Get rid of VAR, says Rooney after FA Cup final Crystal Palace goalkeeper Dean Henderson was at the centre of attention during Saturday’s FA Cup final against Manchester City. The England goalkeeper, who superbly kept out Omar Marmoush’s penalty by diving full stretch to his right among a string of fine saves, inspired the Eagles to a 1-0 win at Wembley. But should Palace number one have been on the pitch to make those vital interventions? City defender Josko Gvardiol played a long ball over the top for Erling Haaland to chase on to. Henderson hesitated before stretching out a hand outside the box to divert the ball away from the City striker. As occurs with every decision, the video assistant referee (VAR) checked the incident and allowed play to continue without any sanction. The explanation given was: “The direction in which Erling Haaland was going made it possible, but not [denying] an obvious goal scoring opportunity.” Former Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney said...